Upcoming Webinar - Dr. Paola Leone - "At the Speed of Light" How to achieve better, more predictable and faster results
The Webinar will be in English – Date 27 Jan. 2024 10 a.m. PST/ 7 p.m. CET
In this lecture we will cover:
– The basic principles of photobiomodulation
– We will be showing complex cases using Orthopulse in combination with Invisalign to achieve faster and more predictable results
– Case profitability – breakdown of fees per visit
RECHERCHE CLINIQUE - Appareils fixes
– No increase of root resorption compared to standard orthodontic treatment 1
– 54% reduction in time to achieve anterior alignment?2
– 26% increase in rate of space closure in adults3
– 73% reduction of peak pain compared to sham-controls4
– Two-fold faster rate of tooth movement during alignments5
1 Al-Okla N, Bader DM, Makki L. Effect of photobiomodulation on maxillary decrowding and root resorption: A randomized clinical trial. APOS Trends Orthod 2018;8:86-91.
<sub2< sub=””> Shaughnessy et al. Intraoral photobiomodulation-induced orthodontic tooth alignment: a preliminary study. BMC Oral Health, 2016 16:3.
3 Samara et al. Velocity of orthodontic active space closure with and without photobiomodulation therapy: a single-center, cluster randomized clinical trial. Laser Dent Sci (2018) 2:109-118.
4 Al-Okla N, Ferguson D et al. Pain perception of photobiomodulation treated and sham-controlled patients undergoing orthodontic treatment: ARCT. Data on file.
5 Kau CH, et al. Photobiomodulation accelerates orthodontic alignment in the early phase of treatment. Prog Orthod. 2013 Sep 19:14:30.</sub2<>
CLINICAL RESEARCH – Aligners
– 63% reduction in the average time per aligner during OrthoPulse® treatment as compared to conventionally recommended aligner wear time6
– No measurable root resorption in six months6
6 Dickerson, T. A randomized controlled crossover trial on the effect of OrthoPulse® on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement during alignment with Invisalign® aligners. Data on file.
18 Predictability of Invisalign® Clear Aligners Using OrthoPulse®: A Retrospective Study.
RECHERCHE CLINIQUE - Rapports de cas
– The use of OrthoPulse® allowed for faster aligner change rates compared to conventional protocol 7
– Two long-distance OrthoPulse® patients, unable to attend frequent and regular appointments, were able to complete treatment more quickly than anticipated8
– A patient using OrthoPulse® changed aligners every three days throughout treatment and achieved successful results9
7 Dickerson, T. Invisalign with Photobiomodulation: Optimizing Tooth Movement and Treatment Efficacy with a Novel Self-Assessment Algorithm. J Clin Orthod, 51(3):157-165.
8 Shaughnessy, T. Long distance orthodontic treatment with adjunctive light therapy. J Clin Orthod, 2015. 12:757-69.
9 Ojima, K, Dan C. Kumagai Y, Schupp W. Invisalign Treatment Accelerated by Photobiomodulation. J Clin Orthod. 2016;50(5):309-17
– Increased gene expression in human cells 10
– Increased proliferation of gingival fibroblasts and endothelial cells11
– Increased proliferation and mineralization of human osteoblasts12
10 Guo et al. Visible red and infrared light alters gene expression in human marrow stromal fibroblast cells. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2015 Apr; 18(01): 50–61.
11 Iscan et al. Photobiostimulation of gingival fibroblast and vascular endothelial cell proliferation. Presented Turkish Society of Orthodontics, 2014 Ankara, Turkey.
12 Le et al. Human Osteoblast Response to Low-Level Laser Treatment. Presented at IADR 2015 General Session. Boston, MA. March 14, 2015.
LA RECHERCHE ANIMALE
– Up to 3.7-fold faster rate of tooth movement 13
– 80% less root resorption14
– Increased mature bone in expanded sutures15
– Lower failure rate of immediately loaded temporary anchorage devices (TADs)16
– Increased mandibular growth stimulation?17
13 Chiari S et al. Photobiomodulation-Induced Orthodontic Tooth Movement. Data on file.
14 Ekizer A et al. Effect of LED-mediated-photobiomodulation therapy on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in rats. Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Feb;30(2):779-85.
15 Ekizer A et al. LED photobiomodulation: effect on bone formation in orthopedically expanded suture in rats-early bone changes. Lasers Med Sci. 2013 Sep;28(5):1263-70
16 Uysal T et al. Resonance frequency analysis of orthodontic miniscrews subjected to light-emitting diode photobiomodulation therapy. Eur J Orthod., 2012 Feb;34(1):44-51.
17 El-Bialy T. et al. The effect of light-emitting diode and laser on mandibular growth in rats. Angle Orthod. 2015 Mar;85(2):233-8. doi: 10.2319/030914-170.1